Wednesday, August 3, 2011

We're Three!

 Yesterday Papa Bear and I celebrated our third wedding anniversary! It was such a great day. As I was awoken to the sound of Belle on the monitor, I rolled over to find an anniversary card and flower on Papa Bear's pillow. What a great way to start the day feeling so loved!

Belle and I had a fun day at home, she "helped" me "sort" laundry. This means she decided to take my laundry pile and distribute it all over the lower level of our house. Thank.you.very.much. I can't complain though, I still have the same pile of laundry sitting next to me on the couch, begging to be ironed, folded, and put away. 

Anyway, Papa Bear got home around 3pm at which time I started getting ready for our hot date! "Getting ready" means I straightened my hair and changed into a dress. Papa Bear prefers me without make-up and it was our anniversary...so I decided to indulge him (except a little mascara).

Papa Bear picked Redstone Grill, and I couldn't have been happier with his choice. Our waitress came to the table and asked us if the white linen napkins were okay or if we'd prefer black linen napkins instead, that was when I knew we were at a fancy shmancy restaurant. (If you know Papa Bear and I, you know we rarely dine out and when we do it's typically the drive-thru.) We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, and our little chaperone, Belle. The food was ahhhh-maze-ing! Papa Bear ordered meatloaf and I have to say, this isn't your grandmother's meatloaf.


Grilled Meatloaf from Redstone Grill





Belle had a lot of fun showing Papa Bear and I every single light in the restaurant while saying "ight" while pointing to it, playing peek-a-boo with the wait staff, and dancing to the music. It was so much fun having her join us on our anniversary dinner, really, even Papa Bear said it was fun to take her there. She is just a blast: without a doubt, the best kid we have ever had!

We savored every bite, but saved half for our lunches the next day, and headed home to put our little lady to bed. Once the little one settled down, Papa Bear and I cuddled up on the couch, drank some sparkling berry juice (we're not wine drinkers) and ate cheesecake swirled brownies (yes, it tastes as good as it sounds). 

Yummy!


We sooooo enjoyed our anniversary and agreed it was perfect anniversary, the best we've had so far. It's actually crazy to think Papa Bear and I have only been married three years, it feel so much longer! It just seems like he's always been a part of my life and I can't imagine what it would be like without him. Our life, marriage, house, finances, etc., aren't perfect, but I feel so blessed with the life God has given me!

No comments:

Post a Comment